Thursday, June 26, 2008

OH. NO.

I have looked at the A-Z challenge once more and have hit a serious road block. The authors list. *cue scary music*. So I have decided to bring it to all of you incredible people who go out of your way to read this blog. Help.

If anyone has any suggestions for the following letters, could they please let me know in comments? Grazi.

K: *edit* Now Complete! Thank you to commenter "grey" for suggesting Annette Curtis Klause. I shot over to the library and picked up her new book, entitled Freaks, as soon as I could. Be expecting a review on that one. Thanks to Mrs. Magoo for her suggestion as well!

U:

X:

Y:

Especially X.

Thanks everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

does an author's first name count, or just the last?

ummm....ummm...yeah, more if i think of them.

Mrs. Magoo said...

For K: You can do the Nancy Drew books by Carolyn Keene or "Kira-Kira" by Cynthia Kadohata.

Ginger said...

K: Klause, Annette Curtis 'Blood and Chocolate' (or another by the same author)

U: best of luck with this. it's not that there's a lack of authors with 'U' last names...it's just difficult to narrow down. But I found that some publishers have this handy "view all authors with last names starting with [insert letter here] feature. I know Penguin does.

X: well, there seem to be relatively few of these. Xenophon sounds pretty cool. (dead greek guy, historical figure, that type)

Y: Yolen, Jane (I would recommend 'Queen's Own Fool', 'Briar Rose', 'Girl in a Cage', as well as the entire 'Great Alta Saga')

Anonymous said...

Actually, Freaks isn't that new. It's been out for quite a while. Years, even. Been a long time since Annette Curtis-Klause published anything new, sadly.

The Whirlwinds said...

I know it isn't "new" sales-wise, but they just recently purchased it at our library. Thus, for my reading availability it was new. Sorry for the mix-up. I should have specified.

*Aella*

Anonymous said...

oh, i hate libraries who don't buy stuff a lot. *shakes head*
nothing more obnoxious than when no place in the county has the book you'd like to read, but don't feel like/have the money/is worth buying.

also, why is blogger being mean to me logging in through my LJ account today?

Mrs. Magoo said...

For Y, you can do Frenemies by Alexa Young.

Heather said...

I could give you one for y, but you would probably suffer mental pain for reading that particular author's book (she only has one at the moment and I find it terrible) so...

I can't think of any for u or x because there are none in existence (I've made my mind up about this), but y...hmm...does poetry count?

I don't know.