Saturday, January 19, 2008

Challenge

I lurve challenges. Don't you? Doesn't everybody? All the same, I have been click-crazy all day and have joined three challenges *blush*. But I'll post about only the first on this particular fine evening.
So. The YA Challenge 2008. It's an awareness and inspiration thing. People tend to read more if they are lured to do so. And that's what this is all about. You sign up at the site, pick 12 books, post about them and review them as you go. Very, very simple. Just read those selected and you're all set. And it is a cause of sorts. And in the name of pursuit of odyssey, go forth and read.
Here's my 12. Hold me to 'em.

2008 YA Book Challenge

  1. The Book of Mordred by Vivian Vande Velde
  2. The Dark Elf Trilogy by RA Salvatore
  3. Birdwing by Rafe Martin
  4. The Shamer’s Daughter by Lene Kaaberbol
  5. Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier
  6. King Dork by Frank Portman
  7. Sabriel Series by Garth Nix
  8. If I Should Die Before I Wake by Han Nolan
  9. Over A Thousand Hills I Walk With You by Hanna Jansen
  10. City of Flowers by Mary Hoffman
  11. Tunnels by Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams
  12. Flora Segunda: Being the Magickal Mishaps of a Girl With (and so on) by Ysabeau S. Wilce
Feeling gladiator-like and reading numero uno,
*Aella Siofra*

5 comments:

Reese said...

If I Should Die... is spectacular.

Anonymous said...

very fool. though i have, at times, gone through 12 books in like, a week.

hmmmm.....
i've read 4, 5 the whole series of 7, the whole series of 10 and also number 12.
because, yeah, i read a lot.

i'd like to see your opinions on the others. i've nothing good to read at the moment....

Anonymous said...

Sabriel Series: Love them.
City of Flowers: Love that one too. that and the rest of the Stravaganza series. Except, I've noticed that there is at least 1 hot guy in each book...and it's kind of annoying when that happens.

Those are the only ones I've read off your list, but I've added some that you listed. I need more books to read.

Anonymous said...

If you haven't read The Book of Mordred (Heir Apparent by Vande Velde is also one of my favorites) or the Dark Elf Trilogy (lovelovelove Drizzt) or the Sabriel Series then you're missing out on some amazing books and I COMMAND you to go read them NOW!!!

Joy said...

Welcome to the YA Challenge! It appears as if you are raring to go, so . . . Happy Reading!