Monday, January 21, 2008

Awesome - Zing


Another challenge, I say!! Somebody stop me. Medeia has signed up for this one too. As I understand it you are to read 52 books in the time that passes during 2008. One title for each letter of the alphabet and one author as well. Very cool and Neanderthal simple. So follow the black and pink link (failed Wizard of Oz theme) and find something that's interesting to read. Chances are that either the title or author's name starts with a letter. My list and progress will be viewable on the side once I start making progress and I hope to see yours on your own individual progresses in net-pursuit (blogs, livejournals, etc.). And expect some reviews *cough, cough* 52 *cough, cough* from the Maelstrom we call home.

Hunting Down a Dictionary and Ransacking the Local Library,
*Aella Siofra*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

see, i lack the determination for this sort of thing. i'm only good at lazy, useless things
*turns to 8th episode of Buffy for the day*
i do wish i had some more books around. i've really got nothing spectacular waiting...should go amazon-trolling

yeah, Aislinn's doing this one too, right?
you people and your challanges.

Anonymous said...

As I am not one to pass up a challenge, I too am embarking on the A-Z quest... meaning that you will see many, many reviews from both Aella and me.... And don't worry, we won't have any repeated books....Wow, that's a lot of reviewing.... guess I'd better get started...

Anonymous said...

hey, i never complain about more reviews. more reviews is awesome! because then i can steal titles and get some decent books to read.

see, it's not the number that's so hard, i think (i think i've read more than 52 books during summers where i lie in a coma for weeks)
it's the finding books-that-don't-suck for every letter.
especially since i somehow went from like, on day having all these books ahead of me to the point where i had read every book my friends ever mentioned.

however, my friends are just unimaganative, mainstream people (no offense meant, of course) so i soldier on into obscurity to find more fawesome.
preferably YA UF fawesome.

Anonymous said...

I often find myself with the same problem sera zane... I absolutely devour books (when I have the time), but finding good ones to read can be a challenge.... I'm hoping to help others like us through this A-Z thing... between Aella and I, you should have some great books to read...

Joy said...

And . . . Welcome to the A ~ Z Reading Challenge! I'm not sure why, but watching your lists grow is a lot of fun. Enjoy!

Don't forget to come back and link your posts of your book reviews! :)