Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Never Again to Sing Before Breakfast...

In response to the fabulous Medeia I have decided to make all of ye a list. Not just any list, but a list of things that bring bad luck. Bad fortune of the worst order, a year or more of luck-based doom. To bring you this information I set out on a great quest (2 cups of highly caffeinated tea, one site, and enough downward scrolling to make the tip of my right-index finger shiny). And here they are: 8 somewhat intriguing things that bring destiny to its knees.

  • 5-leafed clover
  • Putting a hat on a bed
  • Crossed knives
  • To pass someone on the stairs
  • Cutting your nails on a Friday (HA! Take that universe! I bite my nails!)
  • Getting out of bed left foot first
  • Sitting on a table unless one foot is touching the ground
  • And, of course, reading a Gossip/It Girl novel at any time in between Saturday and Saturday…
Unfortunately, I have fulfilled nearly half of the above listed myself. Or perhaps even more. And after some hasty calculations I realize that I have approximately...275 years of bad luck purgatory. I suppose I should be looking for the new moon over my right shoulder or something.

In honor of erm…yesterday… what kind of bad luck symbols/occurrences have you heard of? Or even an odd experience with Lady Fate herself? Fascinate us, I pray you.


Walking Backwards,


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a perpetual cloud of bad luck hanging over me... for the next four years anyway.... *mumbles* stupid mirror...

Reese said...

*sigh* To think you updated and I didn't know. I am sloowwww lately.

Anyway, bad luck is fun. Then, when something good happens you can be like, HA! TAKE THAT BAD LUCK! YOU SUCK!