Saturday, April 5, 2008

National Poetry Month

According to the giant banners going up around the library, April is national poetry month. I am intrigued by what this may mean for the book-blog-o-spere, for many bloggers seem to be quite the writing-types in their own respect. So I challenge you. Write a poem and post it on your blog. When you have, leave a comment or post something in the C-Box. That way people can link to your awesome and spread the word on their own blogs. This isn't a meme. Just a suggestion. I'd love to see what everyone does with it.

My own poetry (hahaha... if you can call it that) can be found on my Deviant-art. There are some short stories too, but I'll try to post a poem a week in honor of this month.

If you'd like to see how your state is doing in the way of rhyme and reason (bad pun intended), you can check it out on this spiffy map over at Poets.org.

Cheerz!

1 comment:

Medeia said...

Yeah, me too. I suppose you could check out my Deviant art page too... if you wanted. It's fairly presentable, but doesn't actually have much of interest on it... I'm afraid of art thieves *mutters* nasty creatures...

http://tempestuouswrath.deviantart.com/